Welcome to CPCC Human Resources
2017 Health and Supplemental Benefits Plan Open Enrollment begins October 1, 2016 and goes through to October 31, 2106
Open Enrollment 2017 State Health Plan and Supplemental Benefits – One Month; Both Enrollments – Action is required by all full-time benefits-eligible employees
Open Enrollment 2017 is here! All full-time CPCC employees should take the upcoming opportunity to review the benefits offered under the State Health Plan and the Supplemental Benefits Plan.
Health Plan and Supplemental Benefits elections made during this Open Enrollment period, October 1, 2016 – October 31, 2016, will be in effect for the 2017 plan year. Election exceptions (outside the open enrollment period) for qualifying events/family status changes are defined by the Internal Revenue Code and must be initiated within 30 days of the qualifying event.
During the Open Enrollment period, there will be benefits briefings on each campus at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. followed by individual enrollment sessions.
A Pierce Group Benefit Counselor will be available on specified days to meet with employees regarding their Colonial Benefits.
Employees may self-enroll for the State Health Plan and the Supplemental Benefits Plan by visiting each website listed below:
State Health Plan: - This Is An Active Enrollment – Action Required by All Employees
Please note that ALL members and eligible dependents will automatically be enrolled into the Traditional 70/30 Plan for 2017. This is an “active” enrollment – you must take action during the Open Enrollment period if you want to reduce your premium or enroll in either the Enhanced 80/20 Plan or the Consumer-Directed Health Plan 85/15.
If you choose to stay in the Traditional 70/30 Plan, in order to receive coverage without paying the employee premium, you must attest that you are either tobacco-free or will enroll in the Quitline NC tobacco-cessation program during Open Enrollment.
Click the following link to review the wellness premium credits action: Wellness Premium Credits (PDF)
Employees may self-enroll at: https://shp-login.hrintouch.com
- Step 1 – Enter your username and password. The standard format for username is your first name, the first initial of your last name and the last four digits of your social security number (i.e., JohnD2468). Your password is the same from last year. If you don’t remember your password, Click Reset your Account. If you are unable to reset your account, please email Gloria Reddon.
- Step 2 – To begin enrollment, click “Get Started”. Once you have completed your plan selection and your Wellness Premium Credits remember to click SAVE and print your Benefits Detail Report for confirmation. Click link for 2017 State Health Plan Rates: State Health Plan Rates 2017 (PDF)
Supplemental Benefits Plan: - Action Required by All Employees
During Open Enrollment members can:
- **New this year, employees are required to add their beneficiary(ies) for their Term Life Insurance. You will need your beneficiary(ies) date of birth and social security number.
- Enroll in dental (waiting period are doubled), vision, life insurance (statement of health is required), flexible spending accounts and Colonial products.
- Terminate or change coverage.
- Add or remove dependents without a qualifying life event.
The following points may assist you in evaluating your choices regarding participation in the supplemental benefits plan:
- All supplemental benefits you are currently enrolled in (dental, vision, life insurance and colonial) with the exception of flexible spending accounts will automatically continue unless you make a change during this Open Enrollment.
- Employees who are currently enrolled in one of the flexible spending accounts (medical expense reimbursement or dependent care reimbursement) must enroll during Open Enrollment to continue contributing to your flexible spending accounts. IF YOU DO NOT TAKE ANY ACTION, YOUR CURRENT CONTRIBUTION WILL END ON DECEMBER 31, 2016.
- To enroll in or change Colonial products, please schedule an appointment with the Pierce Group Benefit Counselor.
Employees may self-enroll at https://mycollege.cpcc.edu/, Click Log In, Enter your CPCC Login and Password.
Click link for 2017 Dental Rates: BCBS Dental Blue Select Rates for 2017 (PDF)
Remember, benefit briefings will be held at all campuses during Open Enrollment. Employees can attend any session, on any campus. Employees are encouraged to attend a session, if they have any questions.
If you have any questions, please contact Gloria Reddon in Human Resources at ext. 6311 or at Gloria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice of Nondiscrimination:
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment. Inquiries concerning the application of Title IX may be referred to Central Piedmont Community College’s Title IX Coordinator or to the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights. For further information, you may visit the Title IX website at http://www.cpcc.edu/titleix.