What is Audcacity?
Audacity is an open source audio recording and editing software application. Instructional Development / eLearning recommends and supports this application as its preferred audio production tool for college employees who are developing media content for courses.
To have this application installed on your college PC desktop:
- Click on your Windows "Start" button
- Go to to the "Control Panel"
- Select the "Add or Remove Programs" option
- Click on the "Add New Programs" option
- The system will list several appications available for install on-demand. Find Audacity" in this listing and click on the associated button to begin the installation process.
You can download and install Audacity to a personal computer via their web site. We highly recommend that you also install the "LAME MP3 encoder" option as well.