How to create a backup (archive) of a Blackboard course?
To archive a course:
- In the Control Panel under "Course Options", click on "Archive Course."
- Click on the gray "Submit" button at the bottom of the page only ONCE.
- After you submit, it may take some time to process and then produce the archive file. As long as the Windows flag is waving in the upper right hand corner of the screen, the system is still working. Please note that the larger your course ,i.e., more students, more content, the longer it will take to produce the archive.
- Once the file has been created a confirmation "receipt" page will appear stating whether or not your submission to create the archive was successful. (If it was not successful, e.g., there were errors that occurred, you may want to repeat the archive process later or the next day. )This page will also contain a link to a .zip file that contains the exported course site.
- Follow the on-screen directions to save the archive file to a location in your My Documents folder.
Click here for an animated how-to tutorial.